Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting back into films

I've spent the last few days re-discovering my love of film after neglecting this medium for a good period of time. Here's a list of my favourites that I've been watching the last few weeks.

The Matrix Trilogy: Parts 2, and 3 I find are decidedly underrated. If you really dig into them philosophically, the trilogy as a whole is a truly majestic achievement.

V for Vendetta
Children of Men
Terminator 2: Judgement Day: One of the best action movies, and sequels of all time. James Cameron knew what he was doing with this one. A lot of depth beyond the action too.
Predator 2: Perhaps not so much depth beyodn the action here... but some mindless fun :)
Blade Runner: The scene with Deckard and Roy Batty in the rain is one of my favourite movie scenes of all time.
The Green Mile: emotionally moving, brilliant achievement.

And apparently, I have committed a heinous crime by going 26 years without seeing The Shawshank Redemption, and I will be remedying this shortly as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment